Tuesday, June 30, 2009

More News

I thought you all might appreciate this. I know my mother will. Music solves all.

"Musicians from Israel, the Palestinian Territories, Jordan, Norway, and the United States, joined together to promote Middle East peace.

Itamar Eichner in Yedioth Ahronoth:

In a pastoral farm near Oslo, capital of Norway-far from the eyes of the media-a group of Israeli, Palestinian and Jordanian musicians gathered this past week, and tried to make music together for the sake of peace.

...

Three musicians came from the Palestinian Authority, and four arrived from Jordan. They were joined by Norwegian and American musicians.

For 10 days, the musicians wrote songs together. The Israelis learned to sing in Arabic, the Palestinians and Jordanians learned to sing in Hebrew. They are slated to present the result on Saturday night [June 27] in a concert to be held in Oslo with the participation of about 1,000 people.

'Peace in the Middle East is important to us, and we think that musicians in the region have a great responsibility to promote peace. After all, young people listen much more to musicians than to politicians,' he added."


I also think my mother will appreciate this: Jerusalem Holy Basin to Become Sovereignty Free.
I know I've heard you suggest something similar to this before, Mom! Jerusalem should be an international city, Vatican style, except equally by all three Abrahamic faiths, so all may have free and safe access to their holy places. Really, I doubt it will happen, but it sure sounds good, no?

No comments: